Friday, October 14, 2011

REIKI FOR ANIMALS

Summer seems to have disappeared in the blink of an eye. I hope that yours was as relaxing and wonderful as mine. I spent two months camping at Dutch Creek, Alberta, in the beautiful Rocky Mountains. It was amazing. It was picturesque. But it was away from my Reiki practice and clients. I was busy with my "summer family" of friends but these friends were not interested in Reiki. I continued with my self-treatments but longed for something more.

Early one morning, as I made my way to one of the campground bathrooms, a young gopher dashed across the grassy opening, squeaking in fright. It ran behind a large rock, about 12 - 14 feet from me. Poor thing was already learning to fear man. I glanced around and after seeing that I was the only one in the area, stood still and called on the Reiki energy. As it moved through me, I concentrated on sending it to the young gopher. By this time it was on top of the rock squeaking a warning to all other gophers, that a human was near.

I continued to concentrate on the energy, as it rolled in waves through my body. I held the palms of my hands outward, beaming the energy to the little creature. Within seconds, I was amazed at the softening of its squeaks. I stood still in amazement as the young one came off the rock and began moving closer to me searching the grass with its nose. Soon it was a mere 2 feet from me, standing on its hind legs, nibbling the tender ends of some grass. I forced myself to keep breathing. Could this be happening?

Young goupher and his buddy!
I felt a nudge against my left foot and slowly glanced down. The gopher sat with its front feet on my runner. I felt such a swell of gratitude within my being, for this loving Universal Energy called Reiki; energy that could bring enough peace to a wild animal that it would settle at my human feet. I couldn't help the smile that spread across my face or the words I whispered aloud, "Thank you!"

It was as though those words ended the Reiki and the calmness the tiny creature had felt. It looked up at me, squeaked loudly, and headed for "safety".

I knew that the young gopher had been initially calmed and soothed by the loving, peaceful energy of Reiki, just as my clients had when they relaxed to the point of falling asleep.

Wild animals will respond to Reiki, as tame ones will. Reiki is beneficial to animals in several ways: it aids in the healing of emotional, behavioral and physical illnesses and injuries. It helps to maintain health, enhances relaxation and provides a sense of well-being. It can also, when necessary, ease the transition into death.  So feel free to share Reiki with your family pets. They will thank you.

And if you decide to use this healing energy on a wild animal, please send a distant treatment. Always put your saftey first, in these situations.

Enjoy the journey.

Many blessings!

*Note: Reiki is meant to compliment veterinarian care, not replace it.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent! Thanks so much for sharing it with us all. Reiki is a wonderful universal life force energy for all whom choose to accept it. I know animals love it as I've shared it on many occasions with family pets.

    ReplyDelete

WAS THIS HELPFUL?